Coaching Jobs: The Tatnall School (DE)
Written by: David Mika on Thursday, February 9th, 2023. Follow David Mika on Twitter.
Head Football Coach
Founded in 1930, The Tatnall School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school situated on a pastoral, 110-acre campus in Greenville, Delaware, near Wilmington. Tatnall includes four academic divisions with 500 students from age 3 through grade 12. Its challenging academic curriculum and programs, combined with award-winning faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, create an environment of educational excellence. Because of its emphasis on creating a caring and nurturing community, Tatnall’s motto, omnia in caritate – all things in love, is at the core of everything the School does.
Tatnall seeks a proven, dedicated, and enthusiastic coach to lead its Football program. This is a paid, part-time position, reporting to the Director of Athletics*. The Head Football Coach will oversee the coaching staff, participate in attracting prospective students, facilitate collegiate recruitment, and oversee all football in and out-of-season programming. As a program leader, the Head Coach should be a collaborative educator looking to build on the team’s current success while creating a clear vision for the program’s future. The Head Football Coach will promote a strong, healthy team culture–including the value of sportsmanship–and the pursuit of excellence both on and off the playing field. Ideal coaching candidates should have experience coaching at the high school and/or college level as well as strong communication skills. An appreciation for the role of athletics in the broader mission of the Tatnall School is expected.
The Successful Candidate Will:
- Act as a role model and leader at all times, gaining the respect and trust of the student-athletes, parents, and coaching colleagues.
- Possesses excellent task and project management, leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain all stakeholder relationships.
- Model inclusion when welcoming new athletes; model respect for diversity of identities and experiences, an orientation toward equity and belonging, and multicultural competency in all areas of school life.
- Attend, organize, and run effective practices and games while using positive coaching
- Evaluate, break down, and review films providing appropriate film study for
- Evaluate athlete performance and provide real-time suitable feedback, balancing criticism with positivity and motivation.
- Work within the Tatnall Athletic Department, DISC, and DIAA to adhere to all
- Supervise, manage, and mentor a full staff in a manner commensurate with athletic department policy and vision.
- Represent Tatnall at all DISC, DIAA, and football-specific organizations meetings, press conferences, banquets, etc., advocating on behalf of deserving players eligible for postseason awards/accolades.
- Keep abreast of changing rules, techniques, and technologies relevant to the
- Collaborate with the Admissions Office and meet with prospective students and their
- Work closely with the College Counseling office and Athletic Department to strategize and assist student-athletes with the college process when students are being recruited. Developing and maintaining professional contacts with collegiate coaches and programs at all levels are instrumental in supporting Tatnall student-athletes.
- Work closely with the Athletic Department to make sure all operational needs are met, including but not limited to properly fitting and safe equipment, uniforms, transportation, game day support, etc.
- Monitor and run the Football Instagram page and participate in the Athletic Department’s social media
Required Experience, Degree, and Skills:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree
- Prior years of coaching or athletic experience are preferred
- Organization and time management skills
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Positive attitude toward students, staff, and faculty
*There is the possibility for additional roles within Tatnall. The combination of these additional responsibilities is based on the school’s needs and the strengths of the person occupying the role.
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter and resume to:
Katy Phillips Director of athletics The Tatnall School
1501 Barley Mill Road Wilmington, DE 19807 KatyPhillips@tatnall.org
To learn more about The Tatnall School, please visit our website at www.tatnall.org.
The Tatnall School is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition, or other categories protected by Delaware or federal law.
Follow EasternPAFootball.com on Twitter @EPAFootball
Share This Post: