Assistant Athletic Director: The Tatnall School (DE)
Written by: David Mika on Thursday, February 9th, 2023. Follow David Mika on Twitter.
Assistant Athletic Director
Founded in 1930, The Tatnall School is an independent, coeducational, college preparatory day school situated on a pastoral, 110-acre campus in Greenville, Delaware, near Wilmington. Tatnall includes four academic divisions with 500 students from ages 3 through grade 12. Its challenging academic curriculum and programs, combined with award-winning faculty and state-of-the-art facilities, create an environment of educational excellence. Because of its emphasis on creating a caring and nurturing community, Tatnall’s motto, omnia in caritate – all things in love, is at the core of everything the School does.
The Assistant Athletic Director, under the guidance of the Director of Athletics, will assist in all phases of the Tatnall School athletic department. A successful candidate will understand and embrace the mission of the Tatnall School, possess a high level of personal integrity, and demonstrate strong interpersonal and leadership skills. We are committed to providing an athletic environment that emphasizes hard work and character development, promotes teamwork and sportsmanship, and encourages our student-athletes to strive to be their best.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the guidance of the Director of Athletics, work with students, parents, alumni, faculty, coaches, and administrators as a member of the athletic department team.
- Assist with all daily operations of the Athletic Department, including but not limited to scheduling, transportation, equipment, and uniform management, officials confirmation and payment, coaches certification and support, etc.
- Commit fully to ongoing efforts to support diversity, equity, and
- Assist with department compliance with all DISC and DIAA requirements and
- Coach at least one season of a Middle School or Upper School sport and likely PE teaching
- Perform home contest management duties, including possible set up/break Visibility and support of away games as needed, including all post-season appearances.
- Assist in the creation, implementation, and execution of student and coach development
- Assist with managing all aspects of the website and social media platform This includes roster management, awards tracking, creative social media idea generation, etc.
- Assist with securing athletic
- Complete any other duties as assigned by the Director of
Required Experience, Degree, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior high school or college administrative experience preferred
- Prior high school or college playing and/or coaching experience
- Physical Education or Health Education teaching experience
- CPR Certified (Tatnall offers a certification if needed).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Eager to engage actively with different constituencies
- A commitment to excellence
- Highest standards of professionalism
- Capacity to create a mission-centered culture dedicated to the idea of the “scholar-”
Located on a 110-acre campus, Tatnall’s athletic facilities include:
- Double gymnasium
- Eight outdoor tennis courts
- Two baseball fields
- A synthetic turf field
- Two Bermuda grass fields
- An all-weather outdoor track
- A fitness center
- Renovated locker rooms (summer 2021)
Interested candidates should electronically submit a cover letter and resume to:
Katy Phillips Director of athletics The Tatnall School
1501 Barley Mill Road Wilmington, DE 19807
To learn more about The Tatnall School, please visit our website at www.tatnall.org.
The Tatnall School is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions are based on job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to age, gender, race, color, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, ancestry, genetic predisposition, or other categories protected by Delaware or federal law.
Follow EasternPAFootball.com on Twitter @EPAFootball
Share This Post: