Coaching Jobs: Central Mountain High School
Head Football Coach – Central Mountain High School
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
Central Mountain High School
- Closing Date:
1/22/21 at 3:30 pm
- Previous head coaching experience preferred.
- Previous coaching experience in assigned sport is desired.
- Has knowledge and background in the assigned sport.
- Knowledge of the technical and fundamental aspects of the assigned sport.
- High moral character, a proper role model for the students and the community, integrity, and effectively communicates well with players, parents, community members, coaches, and school officials.
- Ability to organize, supervise, and give direction to a sports team/program.
- A commitment and willingness to continue to learn and examine new ideas pertinent to the assigned sport.
- Proper working knowledge of rules and regulations established by the Keystone Central School District, Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA), and Pennsylvania Heartland Athletic Conference (PHAC).
- Must obtain or willing to obtain the following:
- PA Criminal Background Check (Act 34)
- Child Abuse History (Act 151)
- Federal Criminal History (FBI)
- Arrest Conviction Report and Certification Form (Act 24)
- Mandated Reporter Training
- Sexual Abuse Misconduct
- Concussion Certification
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest Form
- Must obtain or willing to obtain PA Coaching Certifications by June 30, 2018
- Fundamentals of Coaching
- First Aid, Health, and Safety for Coaches
**New (first year) coaches will have up to 2 years after hire date**
- Central Mountain Coaches report to the Central Mountain High School Athletic Director and Supervisor of Athletics
- Bucktail Coaches report to the Bucktail Area High School Athletic Director and Bucktail Area Prinicipal.
- To instruct student athletes in the fundamental skills, strategies, and training necessary for them to realize the degree of individual and team success.
- To provide instruction that will lead the athletes to the formulation of moral values, academic achievement, strong work ethic, responsibility, team work, sportsmanship, self-discipline, leadership, self-confidence as well as personal growth.
- Provide supervision of student-athletes, assistant coaches, and volunteer coaches affiliated with the program.
- Serving as a positive role model to the student athletes and represents the Keystone Central School district in a well respected manner.
- Upgrading his/her knowledge and skills through coaching clinics, observations consultation, etc.
COACHING PERFORMANCE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Has thorough knowledge of and implements all the athletic policies approved by the KCSD School Board of Education.
- Has thorough knowledge of and implements rules and regulations established by the Pennsylvania Interscholastic Athletic Association (PIAA) and Pennsylvania Heartland Athletic Conference (PHAC).
- Understands the proper administrative chain of command and refers all student/parent requests or grievances through the proper channels.
- Establishes clear goals and direction for the team, the coaches, and the players.
- Develops procedures to keep parents and players informed.
- Establishes clear policies with parents and players to address issues and/or concerns.
- Monitors student athletes’ academic performance.
- Establishes high academic expectations and assist the student athlete to improve their academic growth.
- Maintains discipline and works to increase morale and cooperation within the school sports program.
- Effectively engages the community and develops positive public relations and good community relationships.
- Regularly organizes and attends coaches, players, parent, and booster club meetings.
- Assist in the selection of assistant coaches.
- Demonstrate the character traits of trustworthiness, respect, responsibility, fairness, caring and citizenship.
- Provide training rules and any other unique regulations of the sport to each athlete who is considered a participant.
- Determine discipline, delineate procedures concerning due process when the enforcement of discipline is necessary and contacts parents.
- Foster a desire to win, an attitude of good sportsmanship, personal pride, and pride for their school and community.
- Assess player’s skills and monitor players during practice and competitions.
- Supervises all practices, games, and team trips.
- Maintain a record of team statistics and requirements for lettering and report to Athletic Department at the end of the season.
- Select and direct student managers, student assistants and statisticians.
- Frequently update the athletic director during the season about any issues, concerns, highlights, or events.
- Provides detail orientated practice plans to the regularly schedules practice sessions.
- Inform players and parents of NCAA rules and guidelines for academic requirements and deadlines pertaining to participating in college athletics.
- Understand the policies concerning injuries, medical attention and emergencies.
- Communicates effectively with the athletic trainers.
- Organizes, plans, and helps manages the season end awards ceremony or team banquet.
- Perform other such duties that are consistent with the nature of the position and that may be requested by the Athletic Director or Supervisor of Athletics.
EQUIPMENT AND FACILITIES RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains accurate documentation for of the team and program.
- Collect the cost of any equipment lost or not returned and submit it to the athletic department.
- Arrange for issuing and storing of equipment.
- Recommend to the athletic department budgetary items for next year in your program.
- Monitor the equipment rooms and coaches’ offices and authorizes who may enter.
- Permit the athletes to only be in authorized areas of the building at the appropriate times.
- Examine the locker rooms before and after practices and games, checking on general cleanliness of the facility.
- Responsible for cleanliness and maintenance of specific sport equipment.
- Secure all doors, lights, windows and locks before leaving building if custodians are not on duty.
- Instill in each player a respect for equipment and school property, its care and proper use.
Follow EasternPAFootball.com on Twitter @EPAFootball
Share This Post: